I Love Cottages

Okay. So I've be really slacking lately and I'm sorry. This heat wave that we have been experiencing is making me go insane. I've wrote a few posts over the last week, but I haven't posted them because they are riddled with offensive language. You see, the heat turns me into a rancid b*tch not nice person.

But now, I've had a couple days of relaxing at cottages, and I feel refreshed and perked up. I had an awesome day with some of my truly favourite people at a cottage near Perth. I think it was just what I needed to get over my humidity-induced irritability.

I thought I would share a little list of some dos and don'ts of cottage living.

DO

Keep hydrated – super important, especially if you are including adult beverages in your day. Make sure to drink no alcoholic beverages paced in with your alcoholic ones.

Use a minimum of SPF30 sunscreen and keep reapplying it throughout the day.

Have awesome friends with you – it just makes it much more bearable.

Fill your iPod with lots of summery music and have a good (read: not $10 from WalMart) speakers for them.

Skinny dip. If you do it after the sun goes down, you can all be in without anyone seeing each other, and being "free" in the water is more liberating than you would imagine.

Have a campfire and make s'mores. I know they aren't good for you, but what cottage trip is complete without them?

Bring board games or other fun activities for after the sun goes down.

Use some sort of after-sun product like aloevera or Solarcaine.

DON'T

Put accelerator on your pale white skin and lie out in the sun all day. Or your boobs may look like they are wearing a Zorro mask.

Come to the cottage on no sleep – who wants to sleep all day?

Swim a super far distance if you haven't swam in a very long time. Even though you do not notice it at the time, you will have aching limbs 4 or 5 hours after getting out of the water.

Ever leave. If at all possible.


I'm sure that there is a lot more tips and tricks, but these were the ones that were most important to us this weekend. All in all, just go and have fun! Enjoy yourself, be safe and PARTY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment